Admissions for Day Students
Thank you for your interest in Riverstone International School!
If you are a parent of a student who will be attending Riverstone as a day student, please complete our convenient online application. This online tool will help you determine which required elements of your child’s application have been completed and which remain outstanding.
For more information about our residential program, please click here.
The application process for day students includes the following:
- Online application with a $75 non-refundable application fee
- Parent statement
- Student records from your child’s current school, including academic and behavioral records, transcripts, and standardized test scores
- A recommendation from your child’s primary classroom teacher if he or she is applying for preschool through grade 5
- Recommendations from your child’s current Math and English teachers if he or she is applying for grades 6 through12
- Student questionnaire if he or she is applying for grades 6 through 12
- A classroom visit for your child scheduled by the Director of Enrollment Management and Administration
- Preschool, pre-kindergarten and kindergarten applicants will be scheduled for assessments to ensure readiness
After the application process is complete, the Admissions Committee will review your child’s application at their next scheduled meeting. The Director of Enrollment Management and Administration will notify parents of the admissions decision.
Timing is everything
Applications are accepted throughout the year. However, if you complete your application during the peak admissions season from November to March, you will maximize the likelihood of enrolling your child.
Ask about tuition assistance and Malone Family Foundation scholarships
If you are applying for tuition assistance, please see the tuition assistance page for more information about this process. The family of any child offered admission in kindergarten through grade 12 may apply for tuition assistance based on financial need. We recommend that you complete your application for admission concurrently with your tuition assistance application. Please note preschool and pre-kindergarten applicants are not eligible for tuition assistance.
If your child is applying for a Malone Scholarship, parents should ensure that the full application, in addition to the criteria outlined for a Malone Scholarship, is submitted no later than April 1. Interviews will be scheduled during the month of April.
Information for international students may be found under the International Admissions tab.
Riverstone International School admits students of all races, color, national and ethnic origin, and makes available to all the rights, privileges and activities generally accorded or made available to every student at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, tuition assistance programs and other school-administered programs.
Riverstone International School believes diversity fosters a vibrant school environment. We actively seek to include, engage and empower all members of our school community while respecting race, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, physical ability, ideologies, nationality and socioeconomic status of individuals. Through discourse and exploration of ideas, we celebrate the rich dimensions of diversity within each individual, encourage individual identity development, and strive to become compassionate citizens of the world.