School Services in the Elementary School
Full-time school counseling
Our full time school counselor is available to help students with any issues that may arise. Teachers may refer students or parents can request that their child see the counselor by contacting any staff member. Appointments are typically scheduled in advance. Additionally, our counselor teaches wellness classes in the Elementary School.
Before- and after-school care
Before- and after-school care is a fee-based service provided to parents and staff. Parents can schedule their children to use this service regularly or on a drop-in basis.
The safety of the children is paramount so licensed childcare workers supervise all children. Only children paying for the service are permitted to be in the childcare classroom. Please note that enrollment agreements must be signed prior to your student utilizing before- or after-school care.
Early morning care is available Monday – Friday from 7:30 a.m. – 8:15 a.m. at a cost of $3 per session. After-school care is available Monday – Friday from 3:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. at a cost of $6 per session.
Parents can complete an enrollment form in the SchoolAdmin enrollment system.
Riverstone currently provides a morning-only bus service that starts in Boise’s North End. The fee is $75 per month and the pickup schedule and locations are as follows:
- 7:50 AM Tennis courts at Camel’s Back Park (1200 W Heron St)
- 8:05 AM Dona Larsen Park Entrance on Warm Springs Avenue (across from Pioneer Cemetery)
Please note that we are currently evaluating our transportation needs and the schedule and fee may change. If you would like your child to ride the bus, please contact Sarah Taylor.
Residents of Barber Valley, southeast Boise, and Eagle may use ValleyRide bus services. Route 18 to Harris Ranch provides three morning round trips and three afternoon round trips between the Harris Ranch area and downtown Boise. View the Route 18 Schedule here.
Most students bring lunch from home. We do not have microwaves in the Elementary School to heat food, and ask parents to send lunches that do not need heating.
We also offer an optional lunch program provided by Life’s Kitchen, a non-profit organization that provides food service training. We are proud to partner with them and to offer a healthy, non-processed option for our students.
Parents may choose specific days that they would like to order lunch for their students, but will need to do so prior to the start of the month and pay for the meals they are ordering for that month at the time they place the order.
How it works:
- Life’s Kitchen will publish a menu with the lunch offerings for each month and a specific closing date by which orders must be placed for that month. Menus are typically posted four days before the start of a month with a closing date four days later. For example, the February menu will be posted on January 27 and you and your child(ren) will be able to choose February meals up until January 31. The same concept will be done for the following months.
- Prior to the closing date, families may order meals for as many or as few days as they would like each month. Families will pay for the total number of meals they order for the month at that time.
- A list with all of the children who have paid for hot lunch on a given day will be provided to the school so students may simply be checked off that they have ordered their lunch.
- Once meals are ordered and paid for, families will not be able to add or subtract days, and refunds will not be provided due to absences, field trips, snow days, vacation, etc.
Sign up for hot lunches through Life’s Kitchen here. Our school code is 211-930.
Parents of Elementary School students may also sign their children up to receive milk through the School Admin enrollment system.