Helping you make informed decisions
Whether your child is a freshman or senior, the landscape of college admissions is constantly changing. The development of the Common Application, for example, has radically affected the admissions process for both students and colleges. Five years ago, high school seniors typically applied to between five and eight colleges. Now, seniors are often applying to between 10 and 15 schools.
At Riverstone, our goal is to help you and your child make informed decisions about planning and applying for college. Ultimately, we want to ensure you have all the information you need to choose the best fit for your child. Our college counseling program begins in grade 9 and continues through grade 12.
Highlights of college counseling at Riverstone
- Exceptional access to our college counselor for students and families
- Guidance built on extensive experience with a broad spectrum of colleges and universities worldwide
- Recommendations so personalized they leave college admissions teams with no doubt about what our students will bring to their college
- Personal support, especially during grade 12, to ensure applications, essays, and interviews represent your student’s authentic self
- Pacific Northwest college tour and college counseling boot camp for grade 11 students
- Attendance at the local college fair for grades 9 and 10
- Connections between current Riverstone students and alumni
- Assistance with college tour planning
- Relationships with colleges at national and international levels that ensure Riverstone students are recognized for participating in the rigorous International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme
Advantages of knowing your student well
At Riverstone, our college counseling program is unique because of our thorough understanding of the college application process and personal relationships with students. Our counselors and teachers know every student because they interact and spend time together during classes, advisory groups, extracurricular activities, and outdoor trips. These shared experiences ensure that your student’s essays, teacher recommendations, and applications reflect his or her unique talents, interests, and strengths.
Although our students can be somewhat independent from their parents when it comes to filling out college applications, we believe parents are an integral part of the college admissions process and strive to keep you informed.
View our college placement listing here.