Parental involvement is vital to our students’ success and our strong sense of community.
As a parent of a child enrolled at Riverstone International School, you are automatically a member of our Parents’ Association (PA) and are encouraged to actively participate and support the school community in ways that your schedule, talents, and interests allow.
The PA is a volunteer organization that exists to:
- Support our staff, parents, and students;
- Promote and support volunteer programs and resources at Riverstone; and
- Develop a closer connection between school and home by encouraging parent involvement.
Parents share their time and talents in a myriad of ways.
Parents serve as as room parents, assist in the classrooms, tutor students, chaperone field trips, help with campus beautification, mentor students, assist from their home, coach athletic teams, and more. There are many rewarding opportunities, small and large. If you have a particular talent that you would like to share, we can find a way to connect you with a staff member or student who could use your assistance!
Riverstone events that parents traditionally play a vital role in organizing or assisting include:
- Boo Hoo Yahoo Parent Coffee
- Back to School Ice Cream Social
- Bingo Night
- Elementary School Pumpkin Patch
- Variety Show Dinner
- Scholastic Book Fair
- Class Parties and Activities
- All School Spring Carnival
- Meet the Seniors
- Field Day
- Merci and Staff Appreciation
The PA meets monthly and all parents are welcome. New ideas are always appreciated! Please check the school newsletter or the school calendar for specific dates and times.
We are grateful to our Parents’ Association Leaders for 2017-2018:
- President: Amy Bava
- Vice President: Joanna Whitley
- Secretary: Brooke Linville
- Treasurer: Emily Harris and Kelly McKenna
- Elementary School Representative: Lelei Coyle and Susie Kemp
- Middle and High School Representative: Rachel Bergmann
- Merci and Staff Appreciation Coordinator: Tabatha Simmonds and Heidi Huntsman
Please contact Amy Bava, PA President, if you would like to learn more about the PA.