Complete your student teaching in an IB World School while gaining residential program experience
Riverstone International School has created an opportunity for individuals who are looking to enter the teaching profession and complete their student teaching in an International Baccalaureate Continuum School, which is a leader in the Primary Years, Middle Years, and Diploma Programmes. The ability to learn in the globally accepted and rigorous IB environment is particularly of note, as it may create far ranging opportunities for young professionals. Riverstone is a unique, private independent school, with a focus on developing students academically and personally. At the forefront of the Riverstone experience are strong student-teacher connections and an engaged student community.
Participants will live in Riverstone’s residential facility, student-teach in an area of interest, receive professional development and mentoring, and participate in all aspects of school life. This experience will enable individuals to refine their individual educational philosophy and gain experience to better position themselves for their future job search.
Residential teachers-in-training will:
- Student-teach in the International Baccalaureate (IB) Programme of interest
- Receive mentorship by an experienced IB teacher
- Develop IB curriculum and assessments
- Participate in professional development throughout the year
- Engage directly with our Residential program
- Live in our residential facility, Riverstone House, in downtown Boise as part of the leadership team of this diverse, multi-national community
- Be mentored by experienced Residential Facility Coordinators
- Assist with the development of programs for residential students
- Co-lead multi-day trips as part of our Outdoor Education program, including receiving training in Wilderness First Aid
- Teach character and values through Riverstone Guiding principles and “5 Pillar” approach to education
- Assist in school administrative duties as needed (standardized testing, communications, etc)
Residential teachers-in-training will receive room and board in our residential facility, and a small stipend.
Qualifications and Application Process
Individuals who have completed an undergraduate or Masters degree and interested in pursuing a career in independent education and/or residential boarding programs are encouraged to apply. We are seeking individuals who are are enthusiastic, flexible, resilient, have a sense of humor, and are capable of working with a variety of ages, including students, staff, and parents.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Residential Teacher-in-Training” in the subject line. We review applicants on a rolling basis and may have mid-year placements available.